How to use the on-campus bicycle repair stands
There are a 4 repair stands located across campus so you can repair a puncture and more on your bike. Find out how to use them here:
1. Locate your nearest stand using the interactive map.
We are using the stand located near the Renold Building on North Campus for this demonstration.
2. Hang your bicycle safely on the stand by putting the seat post between the posts ensuring your saddle rests on top as shown in the pictures. You may need to adjust or remove any bicycle lights, saddle bags or reflectors to do this. This safely holds your bike and frees up your hands for the next steps.
3. Select the tools you need for your job. Each repair stand has a comprehensive range of tools including spanners (various sizes), allen keys (various sizes), tyre levers, chain tool, screw drivers, adjustable spanner and pliers.
4. When you are done carefully lift your bicycle off the stand. Then ride away on your newly repaired bicycle!
5. If you notice there is a problem with the repair stand you can report this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Do you have tips or comments to share on using the repair stands? Join our Facebook discussion.